View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:15 PM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,101

Originally Posted by ashleyh View Post
I used to work as a collection agent. I would avoid directly calling her chain of command to out her on an unpaid balance..or if you decide to be careful in wording it as there are privacy laws in protecting the consumer.

I would follow the suggestion of going to the court house and filing, or even just sending it to a local collection agency in town so they can handle it for you.
The privacy laws that apply to collection agencies - people that are collecting for someone else - don't apply if you are the original creditor - in this case the OP, so she wouldn't have to worry about divulging anything to the commanding officer.

I do agree, though, that she should definitely file a case in small claims, as well as contacting their commanding officer.
Reply With Quote