Thread: Taking Time Off
View Single Post
Ac114 11:43 AM 09-18-2019
Does anyone else feel guilty or struggle with taking time off and having parents upset. I know this sounds so silly but I have the hardest time making, keeping or attending important appointments for fear of taking time off. I don’t have a back up person for things like this. How do you guys overcome this anxiety? I took off July 4th and 5th. Then had a vacation schedule September 9th-13th (first vacation since I’ve started doing daycare a little over 2 years ago) and now have to take October 7th off for behavioral therapy appt for my son. My husband is not his biological parent and they said I have to be there for the 1st assessment appt and then my husband can take him to his following appts. I’ve neglected seeing an ENT (for hearing loss), my annual female doctor visit and my husband takes our children to their ped appts but I would also like to attend these appts. This sounds insane as I’m writing this out that I feel like I’m taking too much time off. I don’t have a limited amount off stated in my contract and only 5 paid days off, paid holidays and any days outside of that are unpaid. Anyone else struggle with this?