Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
wahmof3 03:25 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Nothing against you, but, I really doubt any parent would be able to take your hours into consideration when scheduling classes. Classes are offered at certain times and students have no power over them. As we often say, the parents' problems are not ours. And in reverse, our problems are not theirs. If you cannot accomodate this parent's changes, then let them know so that they can find a provider who can.

My daughter often had to take early morning and late evening classes during the same semester because that was the only time the classes she needed were scheduled.
I get what you say, but in the 5+ years I have done this I have had students, and never have had a scheduling conflict. My problem is she is choosing to drive 1 1/2 hours one way away, knowing that she will have a 3 hour drive time, it would have been nice if she would've talked to me before scheduling. When she first decided to transfer to this new college she told me her classes would be mid-morning to early afternoons. Which would work. But yes, I will probably have to give her notice because I won't be able to do it. And really, no matter how many times in the past I have told her my operating hours, she doesn't care- it won't effect her. She will just take them to the center she moved them from when she moved. So it doesn't effect her. So I vented & I will deal with it like I always do, yay me.