View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:54 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
I'll call my licensor, too, but I figured one of you lovely providers would know the answer to this.

I have a C1 license now (1 provider - 10 total, 8 under SA, 3 below 2, 2 below 1). I am expecting a baby in July so I am getting another person on my license. That way I do not have to worry about exceeding the 30 absent days for use of a substitute. Also, I plan to use her 2-3 mornings regularly, and want the ability to get errands done, etc. I had planned on keeping that license as to not have to worry about needing 2 people there all the time. However, I have another interested toddler, which would put me above capacity for one month during my maternity leave. I would be fine if I upgraded to the C3 license (2 adults, 14 total, 10 under SA, 4 below 2, 3 below 1). It's really only an issue two days per week.

My question is, if I go with the C3 license, at what point do I only need 1 adult present? When the numbers are at the C1 expectations?
Any time you have more than 3 kids under age 2 yrs old, you HAVE to have a second adult.

C1 gives you max 3 under age 2 (2 max infants..5 preschool...2 SA)
C2 gives you max 2 under age 2 (1 infant/1 toddler..8 preschoolers..2 SA)
C3 - 2 adults... gives you max 4 under age 2 (3 max infants....6 preschoolers...4 SA)
C3 1 adult and 1 helper gives you max 2 under age 2 (1 max infant....8 preschoolers...4 SA)

Does that help? I always have such a hard time with the ratios so I have a little chart with stick figures all drawn out so I can see it, rather than read it.