View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 08:32 AM 01-25-2018
The way thing she are set up at your daycare sound awful. Now I’ve never worked in a center, just home daycare, but it would seem to me that changes need to happen immediately. Being out of ratio is something that shouldn’t be happening so I would insist that it stop if I were you. Speak to the director and really put your foot down about it. If all else fails, report it.
As for children leaving without the parent seeing you face to face, that should always be 100% unacceptable. Do not let the child go up and leave when the parent comes. The parent needs to come downstairs and check the child out from you. Teach these children and parents starting today that they MUST sign out with you.
You should always know where your kids are at all times and the fact that you didn’t shows you how much you need to change the way you do things. Also, it seems to me that if that had happened, I wouldn’t have gone home without calling and speaking to a parent to confirm the child had been located and was with one of them.