View Single Post
LittleScholars 12:17 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Does your licensing not allow him to nap in his own room? I always put my 16 month old down in his own room with a video monitor. It is hard for our Littles to share their mom, their toys, and their space all day long. Allowing DS to sleep in his own room gives him the separation from daycare that he so desperately needs furing the day.

Also, he may still need 2 naps. I know it isn't ideal, but maybe a short 30 minute cat nap after brealfast, then he lays down again when the big kids do?

My DS was the absolute worst napper before we sleep trained him. Once we trained him for night sleeping, his daytime sleep figured itself out. He found his natural sleep rythym, and predicting and executing naps was so much easier.
I WISH he could nap in his room. My old licensor said yes, my new licensor said no and that he cannot even nap at a distance that does not allow me to see him/other kids at the same time. I plan to gently bring this up again at my next inspection, because I am pretty confident he could sleep on another level so long as I use video monitors (which I have plenty of).

Maybe a cat nap would work. He seems to need one more in the pm than the am, but he is showing overtired behaviors by nap, so I'm sure that's a piece of the problem.