View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:33 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Farmerswife:
I'm looking at changing my rates and I really like the daily flat rate based on pick up time. I have a family who will often bring their child on DCM's day off just for a few hours to get groceries, work out, take a nap...I really have no clue what she is doing! It kind of drives me crazy that she can't handle her child in public for a few hours, but I agree to it, so I can't complain. Do you still charge the full day rate if they are only with you for a few hours? If she ever brings her during lunch, then she leaves her for the full day, but sometimes it's only 2-3 hours in the morning before lunch. I like to help families out, but it's not worth it for $5-$10, but I feel guilty charging $25 for 3 hours. WWYD?
I offer half days to current families but I will allow an option of 2 time frames ONLY.

First time frame is 8:00-11:00 (A.M. Block)
Second time frame is 2:00-5:00 (P.M. Block)

Half days do NOT include lunch or rest time.

Half days are in blocks of time only and if a parent chooses the A.M. time frame and doesn't pick up until 11:15, they are billed an entire day and/or considered late and charged the appropriate late fee ($1 per minute).

I understand using child care for a Dr appointment or a couple quick errands but care must fit into MY schedule or it is no longer an option.