View Single Post
PitterPatter 08:28 AM 09-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I disagree with this. I do not think it is rude to not think of the kids. Not everyone has kids and cares about kid-related things. I don't think everyone should have to always think of how things will effect kids when they don't have any little ones themselves.

I have my own personal feelings about this (and I am NOT saying I agree with the neighbors or with the OP) I just wanted to lend another perspective in which I know many adults who have no children and they have always made it clear to those of us who are friends with them and have children that they don't have them, don't want them and don't particularly care for them. That is ok. They are allowed to feel, think and act however they choose to.

That is their right to think and feel that way. Just because a daycare is in business next door doesn't necessarily mean a neighbor HAS to be considerate or caring about it....unless they are actually breaking a law. Which it doesn't sound like they are.

Imagine things from their side of the fence....you said you have to deal with the crazy decor until mid November and how annoying it is. They have to deal with daycare kids laughing, screaming and playing as well as parents coming and going all morning and all afternoon and they don't get a break from that a few months out of the year since you run a business that is in operation ALL the months of the year. Imagine what they feel they are having to deal with? Perhaps the crazy decor is their only way of getting back at you for what they feel you are exposing them to the rest of the year?

I have no idea and really have no clue how they are feeling etc, but just thought there is two sides to the story and it isn't always about the kids kwim?

I just don't think that everybody has an obligation to always have to "think of the kids" (they don't have or the ones who live nearby) when it comes to the choices they make or the things they choose to do.
Point taken and as I said I agree they do have a right but as far as them putting up with the kids, I doubt they can even hear the kids over her constantly barking and yelping dog that she ties out to the porch all day, alone. We sit in here for crafts or nap etc and he just sits over there barking and yelping everyday. I'm surprised teh poor dog has a throat left. Other neighbors complain about that dog but never about the kids. The kids do get loud sometimes but not all the time. We have scheduled outdoor times not out all day. We take lots of walks away from the house and to the playground also. I know kids can get loud and I try to think of my neighbors so if the energized screaming starts thats when they go to the playground. As for drop off and pick up we dont have drop of and pick up all morning and afternoon. I only have a few kids. They arrive at 8 and go home at 5. No disturbance. Like I said I dont even think it's the Mom I think it's the arrogant teen. Maybe it isn't rude to not think of the kids but that's just how I think. I always go out of my way to please everyone as possible and kids come 1st in my heart. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Blackcat.