View Single Post
momofsix 11:16 AM 01-06-2011
First of all, you are NOT a lousy chidcare provider. Recognizing (and admitting) your limitations is a GREAT thing to be able to do! You have a group that is all at a high maintanence age and very demanding of you.
So, you've had this new baby for this week only? If YOU feel you want to try it, I'd consider giving it some more time. At six months it wil take him a little bit of time to get used to you and a new environment. It's completely reasonable that he would not be eating like usual and be a little extra fussy-you need to get to know him, and he needs to get to know you. I would make sure that either you or your assistant remains the main caregiver for him, try not to switch back and forth with who's holding/feeding ect. until he's been coming for at least 2 weeks-this will help him bond with one of you and be more comfortable for him. Also if he has to cry for a while, he'll survive and it's OK!
You need to do what's right for you. If you decide need to term him, I would just let the mom know that you're sorry, but you underestimated the work that 4 infants would entail and you want to make sure that you are giving each child your all, but that you can't do that with so many-and you don't want any of the kids to "suffer", her son included, from you being over busy.