View Single Post
Ariana 09:15 AM 05-15-2012
I have a 2 sisters that I take care of and both are constantly sick with something. The older sister thankfully is now in school full-time but has been on 4 rounds of antibiotics in 6 weeks!! While she was with me 1/2 days last year she was on antibiotics 3X. I blame dairy intolerance 100% but the mom is not interested in helping her child at all by even trying to cut it out. The younger one doesn't get as sick as the older one but she's had a phlemgy cough now for going on a month. The last time the phlegmy cough lasted a good 2-3 months. It's not normal!! My child and the other kid I take care of are rarely sick and rarely catch what this kid has....which is also odd but leads me to believe it's not an actual cold but poor diet and intolerance to dairy.

If it were me I would express my concerns with the parent and explain that your sick policy states that he needs to be excluded for green mucousy nose. I would suggest that if she doesn't want him to be excluded she needs to take him to the DR to figure out what's wrong. Bring up the possibility of allergies as well since it's "only happening at your house"...which is likely a load of malarky.