View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:46 PM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Ditto.

Bottom line is, you can give your opinion and you can totally redo your curriculum, but in the end she'll do what she thinks is best for herself and her family. I wouldn't bother redoing the curriculum unless you want to do it for yourself - there's no guarantee that it'll change her opinion.
True and that's the way it should be; we need to do what's best for us and so do they.
I do remember when my own kids were little, I sent them to 2 day(mornings only) preschool at 3 yo and 3 day(again only ams) preschool at 4 yo. It was a perfect stepping stone to K when your kids have been with you since birth and need o work on socialization skills. They had everything else they needed, just not being away from Mom.
I guess it would be different if preschool was still just a few hours a week but it's full days around here. I lost a sibling to fulltime prek last fall. She's the type of little girl who really needed her naps and slower days. She's had strep throat 5x since Christmas. I can't say it's because she's in school all day but I'm sure that hasn't helped.