View Single Post
Michael 05:43 PM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by Fro:
I have had this 16 mo. old dkb for 6 months or so now, who yells all the time. Its not a cry, and no words, more like a siren. he does this all the time, unless he has food, or he is in his highchair or portacrib. I cant keep him contained all day of course, and I cant feed him all day, so most of the time he is yelling.
I have tried figuring out what he wants, and its really nothing. He isnt sick, hurt, hungry, or homesick (He seems excited to get here in the mornings, and gets upset when its time to leave.)
I have tried ignoring him til he gets quiet, then rewarding him and praising him for not yelling. but as soon as I pay him any attention, even turn to look at him, he is back to yelling, before I get the chance to praise him.
I have tried putting him in his portacrib until he can be quiet, but he starts as soon as I let him back out.
Basically I have run out of Ideas. His mom doesnt seem to notice his yelling, and even picks him up and hugs and kisses him and baby talks him when he does it, then laughes and talks about how cute he is, so no help there.
My husband wants me to term him. he says he almost doesnt want to come home from work on days dkb is here because of all the noise. I still want to try to help him, I keep thinking there is something I can do to change his behavior, or maybe he'll grow out of it? At the same time, Im losing patience, and I am starting to think more about how I would give his mom her 2 weeks notice. I cant just say, your kid annoys me, for example
I would really appriciate any suggestions on how to help this dkb, and if that doesnt work, I would also like suggestions on how to work a term notice...
Sounds like what my son sounded like. He had colic.