View Single Post
legomom922 04:59 AM 11-30-2010
My teachers kid "probably" wont be here the week after Christmas. They come 3 days/ mon thurs, & fri. As of right now, I am closed on monday dec 27, with pay.

My other client is only here tues/wed.

I am thinking it would be nice to have the whole week off. My week runs from fri-thurs and I am already closed fri dec 24, and mon dec 27, so really I am adding closed days of tues, wed, & thurs, reopening fri.

My question is, 1. is it acceptable to send home a newsletter or something saying that I have decided to close those other 3 days for that week? It's not in my contract, as I have just been thinking about now, but it does give them a months notice. I would have to take it as unpaid vacation I assume at this point, since they are already paying me dec 24 & 27.

the other question, 2. is if the teachers kid doesnt come due to the fact that they have off that week, they will still pay me for that thurs dec 30, but if I ask to take it off I wont get paid...so what would you do? Take a chance and hope they dont come or tell them I am closing that week?

I also now plan on adding to my contract that next yr that week I will be closed, and its unpaid.