View Single Post
EchoMom 10:58 AM 08-09-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
we've all been in your shoes. I think what helps is taking a vacation, you don't have to go anywhere, but a break from the dcg's. There are days that I say screw this, I don't care if I don't make any money for the week, my sanity and spending time with my kids is way better.

also, it sounds to me like your not sure what to do with the kids, we've had alot of freeplay lately (still renovating) so we go outside, I sit in a chair and they play, when they come and want to hang out with me (entertain them) I tell them to go play with toys.

also, I started doing this a couple of months ago, when its 5pm, no one in my house is talk about daycare. No one is to ask me who is coming, no is to talk about what the daycare did or didn't do. I found that my kids where driving me crazy with this, I felt that I never left my job. Now that I started clamping down on this, omg its so nice to talk about other things and not daycare.
This is a great idea! I also have found some stress relief by playing really nice kids bible songs I like, it really helps lower my blood pressure and get in a positive attitutude! And it's a really nice atmosphere for the kids to walk into at drop off time.