View Single Post
Mom2Two 05:01 PM 11-17-2017
I've never read it. I am a fan of Jane Nelson and Positive Discipline. But I know that some people are big fans of Love and Logic and there are folk who teach classes on it.

First let me say that I'm not trying to pick a fight here--I totally respect that people are big fans of L&L. However, I have never been overly impressed with any of the Love and Logic families that I know of. They all seem to run a bit on the lenient side (or a lot), and comments from others have given me the impression that L&L uses "tricks" on children.

I know that I really need to just go and read it for myself and solve the mystery, since it comes up for me every few years. Right now, DH and I have been invited to a class at church on "Family Relations" and one of the other couples in the class freely admits needing help with disciplining their young children. The teachers of the class are one of the L&L couples that I mentioned earlier.

So, while I know I need to jump in an research it for myself, does anyone have any thoughts to share on L & L? Am I mistaken in my impression that it's a bit lenient method/s and that it teaches using "tricks" on children?