Thread: Red Flags?
View Single Post
Pandaluver21 08:20 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sometimes those family's do turn out to be good clients.
I believe because I was able to set the record straight from the get go.... being able to lay out the rules and let her know that you expect full cooperation for all your policies might just be a message she needs to hear...

Maybe her previous provider was super lax or her bff's provider was etc...who knows where people get their ideas of what daycare is/isn't from... I just know that it helps to lay out the rules clearly and concisely and then enforce them 100% and you really have no reason to doubt that a parent isn't capable of following them...kwim?

I'd set up an interview, discuss your policies with her and feel it out...if she hints at or gives you any reason to think she isn't "getting it" and will more than likely be a boundary pusher, send her a "sorry, I can't meet your needs and wont be enrolling your family but thank you for your interest" e-mail.
That was my thought. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt.. I know a lot of places are pretty lax, so she may have heard that from someone (she hasn't been in any type of school/daycare before)

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon!!
Thank you! It's kicking my butt, but we're getting there :P

Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Too confusing--if she doesn't have a job yet, why is she already asking about extending your hours? I guess maybe she applied for one that had longer hours but didn't end up getting it.

And I hope you get better soon! If you are sick with the flu, it's probably a hard time to be dealing with confusing folk.
We run a preschool, so we have kids come when parents aren't working... but there is plenty of things that just don't seem to be adding up.
Honestly, I think if I wasn't feeling like poo, I would probably not care as much. Meet them, see how it goes, and figure it out from there... but I just don't want to waste the little energy I have dealing with crazy people