Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Country Kids 07:33 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
From what I saw your post was about your religion and beliefs, there were several references to the bible, the Lord, and your interpretations/discussions of the bible. I'm not trying to "call you out," I just really didn't see where God was left out. BUT I think that this issue is heavily rooted in religion (obviously from this thread) so I understand your use of it in defense of your stance. I'm on the opposite side of you on this issue but I respect your right to believe what you want.

I'm not religious but I'm not naïve. Religion is large part of people's lives and identities so asking them not to believe or denounce it because they are "wrong" isn't fair, just as telling me I have to believe isn't fair. I just agree to disagree. There are those "haters" on both sides that take things to the extreme and do encourage hate but that is not the majority. Just like not all Muslims are terrorists, I know not all religious people are "haters" and I didn't think you were being one.

I just hoped people were above name calling It's not right no matter what side you are on.

Personally I've found this thread interesting, especially after seeing the religion poll. As stated I'm not religious but it's been informative and interesting to me getting to hear the other side.
I had a whole post written that not once was the Bible nor my religious beliefs talked about-#115

This is a response back:This is disgusting. I can just about wrap my mind about what the issue is. Just admit that you are disgusted by homosexuals. Besides the obvious religious talk, you're just disgusted by homosexuals.

Nothing was said in this thread about religion, nor the Bible. This was my own beliefs with everything aside.

Not once did I say I hated them, call them names, or call the supporters names.

I was stating different things, most of them if not all were very obvious. I brought things to light and right away, its disgusting and I'm disgusted by homosexuals. I even comment on how I have had gay friends but didn't condone the lifestyle they led.

Guess the horse didn't fully die!