Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Heidi 08:07 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Curious.........but does this same theory apply to someone who wants to marry their sister/brother or first cousin, aunt or uncle?

I am not trying to bring a separate debate into this already "warm" discussion, but that concept, idea and thought process has been mentioned several times throughout this thread so I am curious as to what situations as far as marrying the person you love it applies to?
Ok...you KNEW that despite your protests I'd answer this...I promised...lol

Yes...if consenting sisters, brother, uncles, cousins, or whatever wanted to marry, I'd say so what? It would take generations of this to cause "inbreeding", and there are places in the world, and in this country where that does happen. If 3 or 4 people wanted to get married, I wouldn't care either. Consenting adults. Should they receive the same tax benefits, etc? I dont' know...would have to do more research on that.

Next question: should someone be able to marry a dog, a toaster, or a child? NO...only one party is consenting. The poor toaster can't say no, and consumating the marraige would be...electrifying...

sorry....couldn't resist