View Single Post
BrynleeJean 12:21 PM 03-06-2018
Yes. I know my ratios. when I ran my home daycare it did it well, no write ups, licensor loved me, I just got lonely and post partum stuff.
So the two PT employees I’ll be hiring to safeguard myself this time will cost 3 infants a week or 4 over 18 months. Though I’d probably charge less at potty trained and potty train in the home like I did last time round. I have one room that has the 30 sqft per child for 13 kids not including cribs but they don’t need a crib when they walk. And I have 90 sqft per in the back and don’t have a bunch of play toys, just balls and stuff my licensor always discouraged it.
I liked the idea of maybe doing one person with hood Ren under 18 months and one with those over.
The infants don’t burn me out it was the loneliness but I can see now where others (like parents) would be overwhelmed walking in to it with only babies
There’s pros and cons of the split age. The olders will disturb the peace of the youngers, I can’t “specialize” and will have to invest more in a wider variety of toys and activities and curriculums, pros are of have a client longer, cons they the olders need to be fed and nobody gets attention when I’m in the kitchen 4 times a day making meals and doing food program and doing dishes and wiping tables and sweeping floors. Pros I DO love that preschool age, the teaching part of it, seeing them absorb information like sponges cons the parents may be just as unwilling being that their infant is in a home with germy sniffly sickly two-three year olds screaming, throwing fits doing the toddler thing.
Y’all are still giving me a lot to think about I appreciate it!!