View Single Post
daycare 12:32 PM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by bluemoose_mom:
We talked on wednesday when she came to get sister, so we have only been working on it since then.

She says she's going to be more consistent with him, and do time outs.

I'm not sure how that is going to work, I see him really resisting, and mom caving...which is only going to make things worse.

They don't make him listen, ever. For example, he's told by dad to stay inside until dad is ready but often dcb goes outside any way. Dad just lets him, instead of making him come back inside.

Mom also insinuated that since I'm a daycare provider, I should just "deal" (expect) it. GRRR. Not going there.
if that is the mentality of the mom, I don't think that this situation is going to improve.

If thats the way the mom wants to be, the next time that child hits you, I would be calling her to pick him up and telling her, now its your problem.

In my experience, if the family is not on the same page as you now, they never will be and this whole saga will only continue. YOu need to tell the DCP that this CAN NOT continue this way. Either she and dad help put stop to it or find other care.

I know that this is not what you probably wanted to hear, but you have two options. Deal with it and be miserable about the situation or you can make the problem theirs, because it is there problem, not yours....