View Single Post
bluemoose_mom 07:33 AM 08-25-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
if that is the mentality of the mom, I don't think that this situation is going to improve.

If thats the way the mom wants to be, the next time that child hits you, I would be calling her to pick him up and telling her, now its your problem.

In my experience, if the family is not on the same page as you now, they never will be and this whole saga will only continue. YOu need to tell the DCP that this CAN NOT continue this way. Either she and dad help put stop to it or find other care.

I know that this is not what you probably wanted to hear, but you have two options. Deal with it and be miserable about the situation or you can make the problem theirs, because it is there problem, not yours....
I agree with all the the above. I did send him home on Wednesday, at 10 am. It got through to dad that this is in fact a problem. Mom knew and has been devastated by this, and doesn't understand why this is happening. I did tell them that this can not continue...and I won't be miserable about this situation. I just feel like we can get somewhere...small chance perhaps, but if it's there, I want to take it. I just don't know how long to give it, especially since the hitting/kicking is spaced apart so much. It might be a different story if it happened multiple times a day...