View Single Post
TGT09 08:20 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
Well the new 4 year old daycare boy I have has a hard time listening...when I tell him not to do something and he does it anyway, I give him a warning and will count to 3. If he doesn't respond, I give him a time out.

His first couple of days here I found myself repeating myself over and over and over and he wasn't listening. So when his 3rd day rolled around I started the time outs when he didn't want to listen..right now he gets 3 min. because he doesn't turn 4 until 2 more weeks.

I don't ever need to yell at him..it's simple, if he chooses not to listen I calmly put him in the time out chair and set my timer. He throws a fit, I ignore him..when his time out is over he can get up.

I think he will get the hang of this eventually. Not listening= time outs.
I agree. This is what I do as well. If it's things that they have been told every single day since they've been here, I don't even warn. I tell them what they did wrong and then they go straight to the corner. Right now, it's jumping off the kiddie picnic table that I keep as our craft table. They have been told so many times I'm blue in the face.