View Single Post
knoxmomof2 06:08 PM 09-23-2016
I've homeschooled my 2 (DD12 and DS13) since they were Preschool age. I started doing daycare 4 years ago. Before this, I did caregiving for Seniors overnight. I have seen posts on here about this issue, so I just talk to my children about it. I explain that, if they were in school and/ or I worked outside of the home, we would see a lot less of each other. That sometimes I'm available to chat and sometimes I'm not, but at least we are near each other. The daycare and nap room are dedicated spaces, so my children have their own space to work in if they don't want to be around the craziness. Other times, they wander in and partake of an episode of Sheriff Callie while I'm preparing lunch or join in building with wooden blocks- everyone goes outside for outdoor time though! They help me and have their lessons and chores all day, so evening time is very casual and laid back. I expect little of them. They each have 1 evening extracurricular and attend Youth on Wednesday nights. Otherwise, we chill out and do our own thing. I'm here if they need me. DH works nights mostly so he takes them on errands or watches a show or movie with them several times a week. He's here for lunch and chats with them about various things. We just make time when we can. We as parents will always have to make concessions somewhere, you just have to decide if these are the right ones for you. They're perfect for us, I couldn't have it better with the home/ work balance.