View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:45 AM 01-05-2011
Oooh, that is a tough one because he is the age he is at. Part of me says it comes with the territory but a part of me says that since he has been told so many times beore about laying on the table that the parents should have to pay to repair it. My contract says that normal wear and tear does come with the business but anything a child willfully destroys is at the parents expense...especially if I have given the parents a warning about their child's behavior before in regards to destruction of things. I don't specify any ages for who and when they are responsible I just say that if I have had to talk to parents about their kid wrecking things then the next time they do it the parents have to pay for it. He is young, but he knows better than to flip it over like that because he has been told before. Maybe split the cost of repairing or replacing with the parent....
Obviously the actions the parents took in regards to the broken fence weren't stern enough if the child is still destructive. Sometimes, IMPO, if parents are financially responsible for their child's behavior it forces them to parent. Not always, but sometimes. Sorry I wasn't much help.