View Single Post
momma2girls 12:51 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I have written about this particular dcb who is 4, I have had him since he was a baby, 7 mo old. Increasingly over the last year to year and a half he can get really mean to the other kids and has been bullying a little, well I think it's bullying. He walks around and literally "looks" for stuff, and he generally does it to the same few kids, the younger ones, so if one of them picks up a toy that someone else had he will either go and grab it from them or he'll go and tell the other child, she has your toy, she has your toy, go get it, or something along those lines, but he walks around and looks for this stuff. He wont share alot of the times and he'll be mean to them by not letting them get something out of the bucket. He has teased kids (I said bullied but maybe it's not the same), for instance if someone gave him a toy to share with them and he knows someone else wanted it too he'll say look what I have, look what I have to that person, but he is always saying mean things, you're not my friend, you can't play, ect. all the time and timeouts don't seem to work with him, I have talked with him countless times and he doesn't get it, I've talked with his parents and his mom doesn't know what to do other than what I have done explain he needs to be nice to his friends. He's always tattling, but it's just the not being nice, he gets things taken away all the time, pretty much every day if he doesn't share, or teases, yesterday outside he kept ramming the kids with the bikes and he already knows not to do it but I told him 3 times and so he wasn't allowed to play on them anymore. It's these things all day long, I don't know what else to do with him, any ideas? time outs just aren't working and I just need to know what else I can do. Any ideas would be really helpful thanks
Have you ever tried taking away an activity or an outside activity???