View Single Post
Leigh 03:58 PM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by JustWondering:
Just wondering...if daycare requires me to provide my own formula for my infant, why are they also requiring me to have my doctor fill out food program paperwork so they can get an extra $100/month from the state? That $100 isn't going to feed my kid, so where is it going and what's that about?? If the state is willing to pay for formula, would be nice if they would help out the parents who are actually buying the expensive stuff in the first place!!
Who is getting an extra $100 a month per child? I want to move there! The food program covers 20%-25% of my food costs. The state doesn't pay for formula, I do. The state pays me to feed the babies and to ensure that kids have balanced meals (provided by me). They subsidize this with my food program check. I get 48 cents for breakfast, $1.50 for lunch, and 20 cents for snack for most kids.

What is the doctor filling out paperwork for? Does your child have an allergy that requires a specific formula or a medical condition that requires a different diet than that prescribed by the food program? As already mentioned, we DO have to offer formula, however, we only have to offer ONE formula. If a child can't drink it or the parents prefer a different one, then the parent would have to provide formula. Also, as already mentioned, we get paid to feed the bottle to the infants, as well.