View Single Post
KnoxMom 06:46 AM 05-14-2013
Thank you for your feedback! I guess I'm always a little apprehensive because I'm on the young side (under 30) and look even younger (constantly asked my age). Until parents actually meet me and hear me explain my teaching philosophy and the time I put into choosing a curriculum and educational approach, some of them have a hard time taking me seriously. At the end of an interview, the comment is made that they were "pleasantly surprised with my knowledge/experience because I look like a baby myself". Sure, it will pay off when I'm 50, but for now I fear that it will hurt me professionally. I always make a point to dress conservatively and sophisticated; sometimes I even wear my glasses to interviews as it seems to help me 'look my age'. Right or wrong, people do make assumptions based on looks and this is what has worked for me in the past. Do you think I should change my line of thinking? Should I explain about myself and leave out a picture? I have SO many questions... This is an area I have struggled with since opening bc I DO want parents to get to know me and make that human connection as you discussed.