View Single Post
Scribbles 09:40 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
So I know that licensing has now made a call to the director who in turn made a call to me.

I don't work in daycare and have only been working with a licensed daycare for 2 months (came from an unlicensed home daycare) so everything I know I have learned from this forum.

Because I took my son to a walk in clinic/urgent care rather than a hospital/ER does that mean that the daycare is not required to report? Daycare says they DID report the incident by faxing it to licensing and licensing says they didn't get it. I guess I misunderstood, I thought the report to licensing was something different than the "ouch report" that I signed and already have a copy of.

My intention is absolutely not to tattle and get anyone in trouble, and my job is not to make sure that my daycare follows the rules. I just want my kids to be safe. Daycare told me that their paperwork is now going to be audited by licensing, but if their paperwork is as good as they claim it is they should have nothing to worry about.
I am not understanding why the director in turn made a call to you?
The issue should be between her and licensing if they really did fax the report in. Also, where is her confirmation that the fax actually went through? I don't buy that they faxed it but licensing didn't get it.
I also don't like that they are now telling you that their paperwork will now be audited....that isn't because of YOU or your actions. It's because of THEIR failure to actually do what they are required to do. Actually it's because they allowed a special needs child to be unsupervised. THAT is probably going to come back and bite them MORE than failure to report.
I understand your child is happy at the center but considering all the lies and untruths that have been told to you, I'd be questioning everything at this point. I don't know but this whole situation could have been so much worse so I'm happy it wasn't but I am growing more uncomfortable with their methods of practice (both with the kids and with business in general) each time you post an update. I agree, it might just be time to move on.