View Single Post
Valerie928 09:42 AM 08-14-2019
Dcg is 21 months, been coming to me since she was 2 months, 5 days a week, 8.5 hours and she is just fine for me. Very rarely misbehaves. If she does misbehave a simple time out works fine. All in all dcg is pleasant for me.

A little about dcg parents. They are older, mid 40's. They have admitted to me that they are/ were set in there ways before dcg came along and have a hard time integrating her into their every day lives. They both like alone time away from dcg and seem to strive for that. I kinda feel like dcg senses this??

The problem is this. Dcg turns into a completely different child the moment her parents are around. At home she hits them, kicks them and defies almost 100% of everything they are doing with her. She is very very difficult.

The parents put her in time out. They put her in her crib so they can breathe a minute. They are NOT coddling her. They are not letting her have her way ect.

Again, I have no idea what to do to help these parents. My own children never exhibited these behaviors. And like I said, dcg doesn't act badly here.

Any advice? I can't see what goes on in their home so what really goes on there I will never know. These parents look defeated. But the fact that they seem to not have her as priority could be an issue???