View Single Post
DCMomOf3 09:01 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by thatgagirl:
I don't think I will be calling CPS, but I just want to address the issue with her.

I spoke to a close friend of hers who said this baby weighed 17lbs 3 mos ago, so she has lost 2 lbs over the last 3 mos.

I am going to print those guidelines to hand out in a newsletter along with the USAA carseat booklets I keep on proper carseat use...*sigh*

Legomom, this isn't a breast vs formula issue. I personally don't agree with anything you said you do, but I am not here to make issue with other peoples parenting. I just want to make sure this mom has the info she needs to properly nourish her child be it formula, or breastmilk. I would never give a child under 12 mos cows milk.

The child chowed down at lunch, mom sent a jar of stage 3 fruit so we gave her that AND a jar of stage 3 dinner we had and she ate it all, and has been scavengering for food from the other childrens lunch too...I feel bad.

I will mention to mom that I am going to start supplying YoBaby for the infants for breakfast along with oatmeal and fruit, so at least there is some dairy also.
Do you think that there is a chance the family is strapped for money or the old provider wasn't feeding properly? That much weight loss that fast makes me think that something pretty drastic happened recently. I feel sorry for the little girl, she is obviously hungry. I would start giving her cheerios, toast, etc to help her fill her belly if I were you.