View Single Post
DBug 10:08 AM 09-27-2010
I serve juice (50/50 water) at am snack, and that's it, period. I did have a drop-in parent bring a can of apple juice for their child. I thanked them politely, and added it to my pantry supply . Their child got the exact same drinks as the rest of the kids did, when the rest of the kids did (milk at meals, 50/50 juice at am snack, water at the two pm snacks).

I'm very much in favour of letting the parents determine what their child should be eating and when, as long as it fits with my routine & standards of nutrition. What they do at home is completely up to them.

I think you're entirely within your rights to let the parent know what your standards are. If she doesn't like it, she can always pump the poor kid full of juice in the evenings. That said though, I don't think it's necessarily cause for calling the CPS.

The carseat issue though ... that's a different matter. You could always broach it from a buddy perspective -- as in "I noticed you've got --- forward-facing. I've heard the ticket is $*** if you get pulled over! I wouldn't want you to be stuck with a fine like that ..."