View Single Post
Unregistered 10:28 AM 04-11-2018
I have a 4 yo DCB who says and does a lot of rude things. The problem is that I don't know how to get him to understand what he is saying/doing is not considered polite because this is how the parents talk to him at home. He says to kids when they leave for the day "see ya wouldn't want to be ya!". Another phrase he uses is "nun ya" as in none of your business. So if a child asks him "what are you playing?" He responds with "nun ya" or "nun ya business". He also shakes his butt a lot and sometimes shakes it while spanking himself. I don't find any of this acceptable or funny. He also comments a lot saying "I'm hilarious!". When I have talked to the parents about how he talks here, mom usually responds with, "oh, he probably got that from us! If DCD and I are talking and the kids ask us what we are talking about, we tell them nun ya business if we don't want them to know." I have also heard dad say "see ya wouldn't want to be ya" to him as a goodbye at drop offs. I get that families have different ways of interacting with each other and might find those things funny within their household, but it is extremely rude in other settings. I don't know how to explain to the 4 year old that this behavior is not polite when this is a common way of talking to others at his house.