View Single Post
Unregistered 06:53 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
His kindergarten teacher is unlikely to be amused.

I'd probably talk to his parents one more time, pointing out that it won't go over well in school..then let it go with them and work on it with him.
Exactly what I'm thinking! No teacher he has is going to find this behavior funny. He tells me several times a day that he is hilarious and I know I am not the only adult in his life who does not see the things he says and does as being funny. I know though, at home it is reinforced that what he is doing/saying is funny, so that's the tricky part. He does go to preschool a couple times a week as well and I know from talking to DCM that he has some trouble there as well with how he talks to others. One would think that hearing that he is having trouble in multiple settings with this kind of behavior, the parents would take that cue to try and correct it. That doesn't seem to be the case though. I know there is nothing I can do to change it at home so I give him reminders here every time he speaks in a rude way or does something that I feel is inappropriate that we don't behave that way at my house.