View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:45 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Here's my "middle of the road" suggestion:

Open daycares that cater specifically to ill children. All providers must have a nursing degree, at minimum. No parent will need to miss work.

Of course, the cost for a daycare like that would EASILY be double the going rate for well-child daycares.

Not enough families would enroll due to the high rates needed for that level of care and the place would shut down quickly.

Parents need to understand that if they want a daycare to accept ill children they better be ready with their wallets open. I'm not introducing illness on a consistent basis into my home without some serious money behind it. Again, parents already want the cheapest child care possible... there's NO WAY they're going to pay for sick care.

(Even the "right" amount of money wouldn't convince me to allow it... my family's health is just way too important. Just making a point)
We had one of those. Strictly for mildly ill children. NO regular attendance

The child could only stay for a max of 4 hours per day and it was strictly drop in for those times in which parent HAD to wrap up things at work or had to go in for a bit to get some work done.

It was run by two pediatric nurses. It closed down within a year.

They couldn't keep enough staff on site to maintain ratios...

Why?

Because everyone kept getting sick