View Single Post
preschoolteacher 05:33 PM 06-13-2013
I will be charging a little more than average for my large metropolitan area. Full-time children will pay $45/day and part-time (anything less than 4 days/week) will pay $50/day. Drop-in care is $7/hour. After a year or two, I may raise my prices depending on how things go. I am not yet licensed but will open in the fall.

I'm going to offer organic food; preschool curriculum (that follows the more holistic early childhood philosophies, similar to Waldorf in ways); nature-based education (organic vegetable garden, outdoor play daily, nature excursions, etc.); and I am open to using cloth diapers.

As for gluten free, I think that depends on where you are located. Some people really won't care. Others might. I think organic is more of a draw than gluten free.

One thing I have done, which I *hope* will be a selling point, is that I aligned my program with the Go Green Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale. It's a scale that assesses how "green" your program is--how safe are the products you are using? How sustainable is your program? There are many different areas it judges you... including organic food, potential exposure to lead in your environment, recycling practices, etc. You should consider rating your program and passing the rating on to parents!

http://www.gogreenratingscale.org/