View Single Post
Question 06:25 AM 11-24-2015
I am wondering if other small daycares allow an employee to take side work watching children in your care and if so have you set rules? I am an in home group childcare but have been running with only 5-8 kids since school started I have only one employee and when a parent asked her to babysit over night on weekends I didn't mind so much. I had them sign a letter stating I am not responsible should anything happen. Now they do pay her very well. Almost as much as they pay me in a week and I was glad she could make the extra. I am going away for three days this week and asked my employee if she wanted to work the extra day or have it off. She wanted it off. When my parents were leaving yesterday I said don't forget I am closed Wednesday. She came running up and said I can watch her at my home. I was enraged! I said well you wanted the day off and she said I just thought I could watch her and get my stuff done. I don't think this is right for her to turn down work and then take any of those same kids at that time for cash! What are some of your thoughts and procedures on this subject matter? Thankyou!