View Single Post
daycarediva 09:48 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Child 1 - blueberries are tracer foods and pooping them out so quickly made me think it’s an absorption issue or possibly some intolerance of other foods. I would push to see a GI after you log the meals to see if there’s a pattern.

Child 2 - I always thought mucous poops meant something was wrong. I would worry that the child never feels full and then on top off it there’s mucous in the poop... this one would really worry me that there’s an underlying issue that needs to be looked at.

Child 3 - yellow poop can also be a sign of mucous poop and the fact that she poops in her sleep is really concerning. This one would make me think there’s a bowel obstruction, and the liquid poop is all That’s able to make it out. The fact that there’s a rash would make me push for them to get an X-ray because it would be something big that’s blocking her.

One thing to also keep in mind (for other kids, those 3 seem likes it’s a medical reason ) is that with our daycare meals, we tend to include a lot of fiber in the meals. When the kids are used to eating junk at home and nutritious meal with us, it can cause them to have funky poops every once in a while.
The first two eat healthy at home. The last one eats junk, favorite food is “chicken fries”. 🙄

#1 was very close to a FTT dx. Pediatrician is now taking mom seriously due to slow growth. She wears 9/12m clothing. Weighs 21 pounds. Absolutely agree with an absorption issue.

#2’s parents aren’t worried at all. They think it’s normal for her. She does eat a TON of fruit because it’s ‘healthy’. She eats massive amounts of food here and is above the growth chart. Not overweight, yet, bordering it. She has started to cry when meals are over and is the only children unable to wait during meal serving to start eating. The mucous is what concerns me as well, otherwise I would just think parents were over feeding.

#3 worst diet ever. Lots of FF & junk. The poops do get worse mid week (from fiber) but the leaking makes her stink, which makes everything smelly. Mom just told me today she had no poops on waking yesterday. Fingers crossed!

(Ignoring the troll!)