View Single Post
Christian Mother 12:15 PM 02-01-2012
I don't think I've ever posted unregistered...but I can tell you that I am not ashamed or scared if a parent of mine reads my posts. I won't go out and say "hey read what I post on here..some of it is about you"...but in a turn about way I wish sometimes a parent would read them bc some of those things hurt my feelings or I feel I did something wrong and I need others advise or at least a rub back when I am upset. I need to vent and I really believe that the parents I have can read these posts first with a open heart and not get upset right away bc we all get frustrated with our job, families, kids... in this job we need an outlet. I need to be able to come here and talk to my co works. No one else could possible understand the way everyone else here does. We may not all agree but we are here for each other.

If your posting under 2 diff. register names. It needs to be 1. All of us take the risk of posting and yes you have the choice to post unregistered if you are concerned about the subject matter but you take the chance that other viewers have a view that you might not care for. It's the same for posting. Many people are concerned for you and the kids so when you post subjects that are sensitive expect to get some frank answers. Subjects that are touchy are going to get touchy. When I started I started with one child grade school age that started arriving at 5am in the morning. I asked his mother if it was ok to place a blow up bed in my room and when he came in the mornings he could lay down before school time. I would lay in my bed for an hr and when the alarm clock went off him, me, and my son would get up...my daughter at the time was a baby so she didn't get up that early. My husband got up at 4:30am for work he wasn't home. I never new that you couldn't sleep while you where watching a child while being paid to watch them. I watch her son as a favor to our neighbor who was dating her at the time and knew I wanted to start watching children in my home. For me I thought it was common since to ask all those questions with the parents first about did she want him to go back to sleep when he got here and since it was a very early arrival and I wasn't charging for that would she mind if I went back to bed. She really didn't mind in the least. Now she was very young in her mid 20's and me at the time was coming up to my 30's. I think that a older parent might care for that. I believe though that if you knew them and had a friendship relationship with them they would be ok with that but I think that it's something you need to discuss at the interview stage. Knowing what I know now..I would not take children at 5am in the morning bc I couldn't work a 5am to 5pm shift...I know my breaking point and that is it. I don't know if your really pregnant with twins and was just really wanting to know if it was ok to be able to sleep while the kids napped but i agree with the posts on their that if you felt that tired you need to lighten your load and care for your self and unborn children. You need all the rest you can get. Or you need to speak with the parents on resting up while the kids sleep...not ashually sleeping up laying down on the couch and watching tv and put your feet up. I know it is hard to stay awake when it's quiet...It is nap time here and as I write this I am getting sleepy but I know that in about 40 min I need to feed the baby and my son gets home from school and we need to do home work before the other littles get up from nap. I don't think you should leave this forum and I am glad you learned a lot. But be honest on who you are and why your here. Yes, people won't always agree but you'll gain a lot of respect just by being you and being honest. You have a friend here in me and that is a start.. If I knew who to request as a friend I would.