View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
As an FYI to mods.....and I realize this is not the case with THIS unregistered user, as she has admitted to posting as different people....

An IP addy does not neccessarily mean it is the same person. IP's are for regions/areas. So, you can have hundreds of people using the same IP address. I just checked on my site and I have members from Oregon who are on an IP that is based in Denver. So, you don't really know WHERE they are located.

On another note, for those of you who do come here and post unregistered and are regular members as well, be careful what you post under unregistered.....you never know if a Mod is checking up on you.....and since we don't REALLY know the mods, or even who all of them are, they COULD use your info against you.
You are absolutely right Crystal. Which is why the OP was privately contacted when there was a question/concern. No one outed her or posted anything on the forum for anyone see or know about that gave her away.

The OP choose to go "public" and out herself.

I guess I am not understanding your last comment.... why would mods "check up" on unregistered posters or use info against them?

I think people, in general, should all be aware of what they are posting (both anonymously and as registered) since internet is PUBLIC. If someone is doing nothing wrong, then they have zero to be worried about.

It is only when someone is practicing to deceive that the weave that wicked web.