View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 11:01 AM 04-08-2018
I just looked at my licensing page. They only have approved my playroom, the kitchen, dining and living room as approved spaces. The kids are in those rooms all of the time. The playroom is not used by our family at all. So it's 110 square feet for the playroom and 627 square feet for the other rooms (living, kitchen, entry way, bathroom). Our entire house is 1,800 square feet. I calculate 3100 hours between working and extra hours cleaning, training online, record keeping etc. Can someone show me the math on this? Thank you so much

This is from Tom's book. "Step two: Identify the rooms in your home that are regularly used for your business. Regular use means a room is used at least two-three times per week for business purposes. You can count laundry rooms, office, and other rooms that children don’t enter, but you use for business purposes. Include your basement and garage if they are used regularly. Add up the square feet of these regularly used rooms. Divide this number by the total number of square feet in your home."

So if I don't use the extra bedroom because licensing hasn't approved it, but my son is at college and I do my bookkeeping at his desk now, I can count that square footage, the garage because that's where I keep the outside toys, my laundry room because that's where I do the blankets and sheets the kids use? This is my last obstacle before I can call 2017 taxes done!