View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The kids made mini flower pot butterfly gardens for their moms and were so proud of the cards they made and the flower pots they decorated for their moms. Dads pick up most of the kids and the moms and I communicate through facebook emails (daily updates, pictures, etc.). I even ran into one of the moms at our kids' sporting event this weekend. Not so much as a thank you. I feel a little...disappointed? since I knew how proud the kids were. I really feel like "why bother" and I won't be doing anything next year for them. This brings me to my next question: do I even bother for Father's Day? I don't want to leave them out or make them feel forgotten (or maybe I am thinking too much into it). But yeah. I totally get why some of you choose not to go out of your way for it now!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the moms here enjoyed their special day!
I think you'd be safe to assume the "givers" of the gifts WERE thanked.

I know it feels a bit sad that the parents didn't thank you for helping the kids make their Mother's Day gifts but I would venture to say that the kids were thanked, hugged and kissed for the awesome gifts they gave their mothers.

I'd take comfort in the fact that the kids WERE proud and that you had fun making the gifts with them. You provided small children the ability to give something to someone they love; even though they have no job and no money to spend.

I think you are looking at the wrong people for thanks......
The proud looks on the kids' faces DO say "Thank you!"