View Single Post
CityGarden 03:48 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
I just replied to the "other thread"....

As a parent, I prefer the note like you showed above. My current daycare has a different one for each age group. Infants include bottles/solids/naps/diapers and once they are a little bigger there is a box for "what I did today..." where they show the main focus of the day (sometimes it's a color, or an animal, or something else).

It gets REALLY repetitive, fast. To the point where I only care if something is out of the ordinary (usually the caregiver will point out at pick up -- "look, he didn't eat any of his 5pm snack, that's really out of the ordinary for him"

I find myself usually focusing on one aspect of the note. Usually I care most about how well my kids nap. I will be completely honest and say I heavily stalk any social media-image type blog thing that previous daycare offered....I can't see anyone NOT looking at it, as long as they know about it. However, I much prefer the paper. Especially if you are trying to minimize pick up times.
I agree I think the repetitive nature bores parents and they stop reading them --- they appreciate them initially but stop paying attention.

I could not tell from your post on one hand you say you like the paper notes best but you also say you pay more attention to the social media.

I do think "showing parents" with pictures is better than a piece of paper but it can be difficult to always get pictures....