Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Baby Beluga 08:22 AM 09-13-2019
My all time most favorite DCG is leaving

Mom has decided to quit working and be a SAHM. I am happy for her - she's wanted it for a while. But man I will miss the little girl. She is SO sweet and kind and listens so well. Her parents are also just awesome. It's a rarity to have both!

Originally Posted by coloradoprovider:
If the child has backup clothing (shorts, etc.) for warm weather, then they can change later. Our weather in Colorado usually has wide temperature swings, so mornings (even in the summer) are quite cool, as the temperature climbs it's just part of our day to adjust our clothing layers.

If they have no other clothing, parents need to supply. Of course I have an ample supply of my own backup clothing for children - but I make sure the child goes home in their own clothing with a note to supply what ever items they need to bring.

Extra clothing stays here in their own cubbies. I don't want daily back and forth with extra clothing. Seasonally, I see if something has been outgrown, if so, it goes back home to be replaced with similar item in correct size.
Fall/winter/early spring we have wide weather swings here too. My littles often dress in layers for the morning, then we peel them off as the day progresses. One mom will bring shorts for her son to change into. It's just life here. I found my self thinking last "weather swing" season they needed to bring back the pants that unzipped into shorts because they would be so practical here!

Because it is so hot 9/10 months out of the year, stores/offices/cars/buildings are often FREEZING so everyone wears sweaters inside and practically nothing outside. Myself and my own kids keep cardigans in my car year round because inevitably we go into the grocery store and freeze. Or it's 90 degrees when we leave the house, the sun goes down while we're out and suddenly it's 65 degrees and feels freezing. My dentist also keeps blankets in each patient room