View Single Post
Live and Learn 01:01 PM 12-07-2010
I spend practically no time playing with my dck. I facilitate play by bringing out different toys and rotating activities. We have a fairly set routine. My dck are age 1 thru almost age 4. Don't get me wrong.... I read lots of books, dance to music with them, occasional crafts, daily painting or drawing, help if they are having trouble with a duplo something along those lines. Really even though my dck all love me they love their lil friends here more! We don't play computer games here, no electronic buzzing-light flashing toys either just lots of open ended play with more old fashioned type toys. It amazes me the imaginations that children so young can have. I love my little ones so much but sit down on the floor and keep them entertained for the day? Uh, no thanks. It isn't about not being paid enough ...all together I make more than a nanny does....it is about giving these sweet little people the opportunity to learn to be happy while keeping themselves entertained with close adult supervision and loving structure.