View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 04:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
Sergio tripped over a bike while at day-care. He has hit forehead scratched, nose, upper lip and left arm. Daycare called and said, "he's he's heavily bleeding, does not need stitches but he wants you." I replied, "did anyone called an ambulance?" She simply replied,"no"
Are they not supposed to give me an injury report AND call an ambulance to check if he had a concussion? I pay $1,000 monthly, have to provide dispersants lunch. Isn't there a law that they are forced to provide me with those things? Please help!!! Thanks!!!
I have only called a parent twice in 16 years to pick up after an slight injury & NO, I would not call an ambulance unless the child was severely injured or unconscious.

Parents are responsible for transportation costs in a medical emergency, but tripping over a bike? Nope, I know the signs to look for (it's required we have First Aid & CPR training) and unless your child had become unconscious or started vomiting or acting strange, I would not have called 911; Head wounds do bleed and sometimes it takes longer to stop, but if it wasn't gushing - I don't freak out; I would have called you and ask that you come pick him up if he was wanting you & It would be at your discretion to have him checked by a pediatrician if you thought it was really warranted. Most of us are small home businesses that offer a service, there are no laws FORCING us to provide anything including meals if we so choose.