Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
284878 12:25 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you everyone for the words! I've only been in business 6 months and I'm scared to get a bad rap I guess! All other providers were like I'll pretty much do anything I can to keep a good family. And I'm just like well when her son was attending my daycare I would've helped her out a bit with the holding fee. But not if shes pulling him in February to go to after school care somewhere else.. and then I'm losing that income..plus the summer income from him.. and then I also hold the infant spot all summer.. like no way. But all the other providers are like I guess we would still take her anyway.. and I'm willing to if the spot doesn't fill in june.but I feel it will.
When I opened I toured a family that asked for 4 days of care in the email, during the tour they said they only needed 3 days by the end of the tour they said that they may only need 2 days. Every time they dropped a day, my daily rate went up. That mom got mad at me for not using the food program fully (at that time the other family brought lunch) - when I vented to my sister about this family, she said that she knew them and they were "good people" and that I should lower my rate from $28 to $20 (to equal the dc that they had, that "closed") so that I could have them in my dc. I said no thank you. If they were "good people" they would not have treated me the way they did and their other DC would not have "closed" (aka termed them)

You did the right thing and so did I.