View Single Post
Unregistered 11:03 AM 06-03-2017
I agree. I am just starting to sit for a few children. My experiences are 1) school bus driver 14 years have been CPR & first aide carded for all of them. 2) I have been a title one tutor in two states for 1st -2nd graders reading and math; 3rd-5th graders reading and math. 3) I was also a noon monitor all elementary age plus detention monitor elementary all age. Don't judge anyone caring for children until you do your home work. I am caring for a spouse who was hit with dementia at the age of 54 he is now 59. The system we live in literally broke me to help him. We live on $808 a month, could you do that? I became a displaced worker in 2013 and decided to take care of him (no nursing homes). I am not allowed to do anything to make our lives better or SSI will take it from him. How does that work, so I am caring for a couple of children so I can better his life. In the meantime the children I will care for has the benefit of some one who loves children, cares about them learning things in life, and treats them like family. All the children I have worked with over my career still remember me and that is the greatest feeling in the world and speaks for itself.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And ya know that is your right as a parent to prefer a licensed daycare provider. However, it is not state law that i be licensed if i only keep certin amount of children.So I'm not breaking the law! Also what makes you think that unlicensed daycare providers donn't claim there income? I pay my taxes just like everyone else. And another thing, you don't have to "licensed" to take child care courses! I am certified CPR (Adult, infant and child) and i also have 15 years of education all related to my career. All paid for out of my pocket! I have excellent references and a clean background. Oh ya, and i did nanny for 5 years for a family. I'm sorry but just because i don't hold that LICENSE doesn't mean that I am uneducated or a bad daycare provider. FYI: i haven't had to advertise for 5 years now, i operate on word of mouth and i also have a 6 month waiting list. Hows that for UNLICENSED.