Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Leigh 01:43 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
So sick of telling parents in a proud moment that their kid is doing XYZ and they say “oh yeah my mom taught her that” or “yes we work on that at home all the time”.

Completely discounting any work I am doing in the 50 hours a week I am with your kid. Yeah you mean grandma who has seen your kid twice in the past 6 months?! Ugh Meanwhile this kid is with me 50 hours a week.....mom even brought her here the whole March break eventhough she was off (and didn’t have to pay) and last week took a day off and had her husband bring her little “princess” promptly at 7am...pickup at 5...usual time. Yeah ok supermom you teach her everything

At this point why even be angry. Its just mostly sad that these people have no appreciation for anything we do day in and day out.
I have had SO MANY daycare kids who are SO SMART that they have taught themselves the alphabet, how to count, how to write their letters, phonic sounds, Spanish...I have been so lucky to have all these self-learners so that I can watch TV all day and get paid for it!