View Single Post
nikkimcc 09:53 PM 08-26-2007
Our daycare lady has us update our records every year, sign a new policy etc. Well there are a few updates to the policy and one of them is a preschool "status".

Let me explain...there is Full time status, where you guarantee her 27 hours/week, and have to pay her for certain holidays and a few personal days a year. If you only get 20 hours in in a week, you still pay her for 27. Then tehre is Part time/drop in status, where you don't guarantee any certain # of hours, but you pay a little more per hour and don't have to pay for any holidays/personal days.

WELL...now there is a new "preschool status"...It says children in preschool will be charged for the ENTIRE DAY. CAN she legally do that? My son will start preschool in September...it's almost like she put that in there JUST because I mentioned preschool. Mon-THurs he'll be in preschool from 8-11:30 am, and at daycare from 11:30 until 4:30pm. On friday theres no preschool so he'll be at daycare all day.

Its a total of 14 or so hours a week that I'll have to pay her for when he is in preschool. So should I be mad...or should I be nice about it. I haven't signed the new contract yet, not till I talk to her.

Shouldn't I have the choice of what status i want him to be? What if I only worked M-T afternoons and all day friday so he was home with ME M-Th mornings...I'd be able to have him Full time then. Does that make sense? Why should it matter WHERE he is mon-thurs morning, as long as he still gets in FT hours?

My husband has been picking our son up early and staying home with him somedays recently, (but he's still been getting his FT hours in) so maybe she figured that between preschool and my husband being able to be with our son some days, that I'd drop him to PT status and she'd lose out on a bunch of hours? My husband farms so the fact that he is able to pick him up early and such is only temporary, as harvest is just around the corner. She knows this because her husband also farms.

Maybe I should find a different daycare...