View Single Post
mom2many 10:00 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
parents leave a text or voicemail for a change in schedule. no one drops by and no one is allowed unexpected drop offs. if someone just popped over to drop off, I would say no even if I had the room just to make the point that you can't come and go whenever. I am very good about responding to text or message. I don't FB with daycare parents. emails are for non urgent requests only. you can contact me after hours but don't expect an immediate reply. if you are asking a question, you assume the answer is no unless you get a yes. thats put the parents in responsibility for a backup plan, not me.
I agree with this and have found this to be very effective. I have parents conveying via text and phone msg at various times and it doesn't bother me if it is after hours, because I can respond if I want to. For the most part, I truly appreciate knowing if someone won't be arriving as early as expected, so I can sleep in or have a leisurely morning!

I just like knowing in advance and if they find out after daycare hours, I would rather be informed than not.

I have to say, in all of the years of doing this the parents have ALWAYS been fantastic and considerate, so for me this has never been an issue.